The First Catholic Comic Book Store!

 




Hello all! After a long hiatus, this blog is back! 


 I started this blog for some lofty reasons, submitted for your approval here.  As a super busy guy who hates social media, but can't seem to avoid it, I began writing articles for this blog to avoid scrolling. Writing articles works great to avoid scrolling! But in 2025 I began publishing KRUNK comics again. So, now, to avoid scrolling, I write and draw KRUNK comics. But there are a few instances where I can't make KRUNK comics in my free time. So, now, that's where this blog comes in. 


I have at least two other reviews slated for the future. One is a review of a comic from Voyage comics that has a few long tangents, intentionally built in. The other is a review of Know Your Mass, which requires references to do it justice. And it deserves justice, believe me.


 I'm sure a number of things occurred in the world Catholic comics since I last posted. Things I probably missed. But one thing that I do know is quite significant. On November 21 and December 4, 2025 the world's first Catholic comic book store opened for business. From 3pm-6pm. Then closed. For a long time. Awesome! Great start, guys! 


Webster's Dictionary defines a store as “a business establishment where usually diversified goods are kept for retail sale.” The Voyage store fits this criteria. So, I will call the Voyage store a store.


Now, when I say the Voyage store is the first Catholic comic book store in the world, I'm saying it to the extent of my knowledge. There may be other ones. 


There may be some objections to calling the Voyage store a comic books store. Since this store does not, solely, sell comic books, is it a comic book store? And, since this store only sells Voyage books, is it a comic book store? But these objections are unfounded. Traditional comic book stores  sell many other things besides comic books. And, if Marvel or DC opened a company store, would it be called a comic book store? Of course it would. What else would you call it?


Anyway, here's the details: On November 21 and December 4th 2025, Voyage comics opened their warehouse space for business. I'm doing this, they opened a space for the buying and selling of Catholic comics. In this way, they opened the world's first Catholic comic book store. 


The official announcement read as follows:


“Shop for Christmas!

Warehouse Sale!

In recent months we have moved to a new warehouse location that allows for "store traffic." Essentially we have a small "storefront" that is connected to the warehouse where all of our comics are located. 


 


To help save on shipping for local customers, we are hosting a warehouse sale, where you can walk-in and purchase whatever you need for Christmas!


 


I'll also be present at the sale, and will be available to sign any comics if desired.


 


The warehouse is located at:


 


1430 2nd St N


Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494


 


The sale will be on two separate days:


 


Friday, November 21 from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM


Thursday, December 4 from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM


 


Both days will include special discounts for those who purchase at the warehouse.”


 

What did this look like? Is the Voyage store located in one of those sprawling new warehouses or in an old time warehouse? If it's located in an old time warehouse, does the warehouse resemble the kind of warehouse you see in old Spider Man comics? You know, the kind with super villains and their shipments of weapons. If not, I will forgive them. I don't fault Voyage for using the new warehouses. While a farm is better than a warehouse, a warehouse is better than a data center. And, at least, the space is being used for something good. 


How many people came out for this event? In my opinion, turnout does not matter. The event is historical, in itself, despite turnout. 


No media source covered this event, as far as I know. A cursory Google search brings up no pertinent results.


A few weeks after the store’s opening, I sent Phillip Kosloski a note of congratulations for opening the world's first Catholic comic book store. I didn't get a reply, but I imagine he's busy. Or just tired of me harassing him with my comics. 


Voyage comics is to be commended for this historic undertaking. Hopefully, the opening of a permanent Catholic comic book store awaits us in the future. A store where people go to buy good, holy and inspiring works. An oasis where one does not have to practice constant custody of the eyes to maintain purity. A destination that helps, instead of hindering holiness. 


They say retail is dead. A traditional brick and mortar storefront isn't a reality going ahead for most businesses. When we finally see a permanent Catholic comic book store, will it be in a warehouse? The opening of the Voyage store is a possible vision of things to come. God willing, they WILL come. 


And, again, hats off to Voyage for taking the first step in this 

…voyage. 


-George Tautkus


SaintsComics.com (easier to remember than The Tautkus Studio)

Comments